Monday, January 18, 2010

No really, we're bloggers now! (Tracey)

Well, dang. I think I intended to be a bit more regular in my blog entries....remember that whole, "it's about family history" thing I blabbed about when we first started out? Yeah. Oh, well. No use crying over spilled milk (and trust me, there is a lot of that around here).

So! In the latest news from the Lowe household, Katie has discovered skinny jeans (!) and is looking forward to moving into her own room again. Renovations are underway this week while my contractor (aka 'MOM') is in town. What is up with her being an almost 10 year old 18 year old already? I'm so lucky she is such a good, obedient, sweet, funny daughter.

Katie recently had a haircut that she is not too fond of - although I would trade both the hairs on my head for her thick shiny locks...be they 2 inches or 10! Thank you, Grandma Moses, for passing down your gorgeous hair to my daughter. I will one day forgive the oversight that happened at my birth.

Carter on the other hand has been VERY busy planning sea monster hunting expeditions. Apparently, we are to have a new family business on the front lawn that involves selling "sea monster burgers and light lemonade". Just FYI, our little marketing genius has already set the price for these culinary delights at $2. I don't know for sure what the nutrition label will look like for such a delectable morsel of sea monster goodness - but I would imagine the calorie count is to be offset by the light lemonade. Brilliant combination, Carter.

In other big Carter news - I actually saw my son wear a T-SHIRT today. I know, I know - seems insignifcant....but not when he has worn "handsome clothes" for the last several months. I'm pretty sure he finally got sick of waiting for me to iron his button down shirts. Just one more way he's like his Daddy.....:)

Little Miss Natalie has officially started school! The bus comes to pick her up in the morning around 7am, and drops her off again around 12:30pm. She is doing amazing!!! She runs out, well, hops out, to the bus in the morning - and blows kisses to the bus when it drops her off in the afternoon. She has been learning like crazy already and I'm continually amazed by what a sponge she is! I can already see how being in that kind of constant communication environment has been good for her. She is trying to use her signs more - and really seems to understand a lot more verbal communication. Just amazing! Now we just need to get girlfriend potty-trained!

Natalie's new favorite game is hide and seek. She LOVES to have me hide, and then I call her name or sing a song until she finds me. She gets excited every time - it is very, very cute. She is such a little love bug - and loves, loves, loves her Daddy!! She also loves to wrestle with Carter....those two are like two peas in a pod. In fact, we refer to our children now as Katie and the 'twins'. I've never seen two kids who like to poke, tickle, smack, tackle, zerbert, shove, dance, jump, or make messes more than they do! We mostly have to roll our eyes and buy lots of band aids when they start in on eachother. It's adorable how they love eachother.

Alright! I guess that's it for tonight! When the wrists and hands start to numb up - it's time to call it good! Until next time.......

Tracey

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! You're blogging. It's so fun to catch up on your cute little family and see what they are doing. Keep the photos and updates coming. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete