Just had to jot down a few of the more precious things coming out of my kids mouths these days....
Katie.
Oh, boy. Today we are headed to school and Katie is just chatting me up like usual when she exclaimed something (can't even remember in response to what) that I'd never heard before......"Well, blast my khakis!"
After I stopped snorting with laughter, I asked her to repeat what she said, which she did, and then I had to laugh again! The rest of the convo went something like this...
Me: Katie, are you sure you want to say that?
K: Why? I think it's funny.
Me: Have you thought about what that means?
K: No, what does it mean?
Me: Well...it sounds like you are saying something about blowing your pants off, ya know, like poopin' out your pants!?!
K: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Later on this evening - we are going to the car after our sign language class, and she stops suddenly and says, "Whoa. I gotta go!" And, of course I couldn't help myself and told her, "Just don't blast your khakis!" We had quite the giggle on the ride home. She also proceeded to spit out such terms as "opposite regurgitation", etc...and I told myself that maybe my almost ten year old needs to be in advanced placement vocabulary. At least she doesn't feel compelled to go around saying 'poop', and 'tooty' like someone else I know....
Okay, you caught me. Of course I'm talking about Carter! Carter says hilarious things on a daily basis - and darn my incredibly lame memory, I rarely remember a single one. Today was just all around entertaining as he informed me of his deep fears of 'octopuses and tormadoes' (no spelling error;)). Also, apparently there are some underwater fire crabs that will kill you if you step on them. Not to hearken back to the whole sea monsters post - but I'm thinking the water theme is going a bit too far. Farewell, Spongebob.
Natalie - little punkin - has been discovered to LOOOVE ice cream. In fact, we sat on the floor today with a pint of Haagan Daz trading bites for words. She said 'more', 'mama', 'bye-bye', 'dada', and 'Carter'. They sound a bit like 'moh', 'mama' (that's a goodie:)), 'bu-bu', 'ah-ah', and 'ah-oo'- but darnit - I'll take it!! It's so adorable to see her trying so hard to talk. She is doing so incredibly well. Sunday was our 6 month anniversary:). She has had her hearing aids for 4 months, and so her progress has been phenomenal!! It is so amazing to see the changes in her. She is becoming more sensitive and girly, and is becoming a MAJOR Daddy's girl! She has been watching me sign our prayers at dinner, and has recently been signing prayers. I must catch it on video, she looks like the sweetest little evangelical preacher you ever did see. ;) She is signing like a champ, and strings many words together now. She's also responding very well to vocal directions, even without signs, and we have great hope and expectation that she will be talking in the next year or two. Right on track.:)
All is well - and may tomorrow see happy khakis for one and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment